CT State Career Services provides comprehensive programs, activities and services that assist you (students and alumni) in exploring career options, identifying opportunities and preparing to achieve your career aspirations. We also help you in building your personal brand and understanding how your skills and competencies can best fit in the world of work. The career services staff are committed to taking a collaborative approach when working with internal and external stakeholders/parties to ensure that you are connected to resources and experiences and receive the best support possible in pursuit of your educational and career goals.
Key Services Offered
- Individual Career Counseling
- Resume and Cover Letter Reviews
- Career Assessments (Focus 2)
- Interviewing Skills
- Support Building Your LinkedIn Profile
- Job Search Skills and Techniques
- Career-Related Events and Workshops
- Career Exploration Guidance
- Job Postings (On & Off Campus)
- Recruitment Events & Information Sessions
Web Based Resources
- Focus 2* (Career and Education Planning)
- O*NET (Occupational Information Network)
- https://www.bls.gov/ooh/ (Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Job Board (Career Central Network/CCN-11 out of 12 campuses provide access to this resource, Symplicity used at Norwalk campus)
Career Readiness: What Employers Look For
- NACE Competencies and Behavioral Examples of These Competencies in Action: What is Career Readiness?
*Focus2 Privacy Statement
Privacy Standard Disclaimer for All Other Web Resources/External Links
External links to other sites outside of the ctstate.edu domain are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or approval by CT State Community College of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, or organization or individual. CT State Community College bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Please note: All web content, images and pages on CT State Community College’s website containing one or more links to external Internet sites may carry the above statement, in its entirety.