Northwestern Campus Advising
Connect with your Guided Pathways (GP) Advisor!
If you've chosen Northwestern as your home campus, please see the information below to learn about preparing for and scheduling your advising appointment.
Greenwoods Building, Room 208
119 N. Main Street
Winsted, CT 06098
Monday – Friday
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Click here for evening appointments
Schedule an Advising Session
Our office is committed to providing support for Northwestern students from admission to completion. Guided Pathway advisors connect students to faculty, campus, and community resources, both online and face-to-face.
Identify what student type you are from the categories below. Please click on the appropriate student type to read more about preparing for and scheduling your advising appointment. Note: The advising requirements may be different for each student type.
Welcome! Students must first apply and be admitted to CT State before meeting with their advisor. Before meeting with a Guided Pathways (GP) Advisor, ensure placement documents and transcripts are on file with the Admissions office. This will ensure you receive the best advising experience. Without placement information and/or transfer credits in the system, the GP Advising team will be limited in how they can assist you.
Who is my Guided Pathways (GP) Advisor?
Visit DegreeWorks by logging in to myCTState and selecting “Access Degree Works.” Your GP advisor will be listed at the top of the page. If you cannot locate your advisor, contact the GP Advising main office.
How do I make an appointment with my Guided Pathways (GP) advisor?
Your GP advisor regularly reaches out to you through your student email with direct links to book an appointment on campus or virtually. To access your email account, log-in to myCtState and look for “View/Access College Email.” If you cannot find emails from your advisor, please contact the Guided Pathways Advising main office.
If you are transferring from another institution and would like to graduate from CT State, please follow the steps below to make an appointment with a Guided Pathways Advisor.
- Complete an application for admission
- Request an official transcript(s) from any institutions previously attended. To have your transcript(s) evaluated please complete a credit evaluation form by clicking here.
- If you are unable to request an official transcript from your institution(s) you may bring an unofficial transcript to your appointment. If you do not have an evaluated transcript(s) or an unofficial transcript to present to the advisor for your advising session, we will not be able to assist you with registration
- Before advising, guest students must complete an application for admission.
- Be prepared to present an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) from all your previously attended institutions. If you don't have an unofficial transcript to present to the advisor for your advising session, we will not be able to assist you with registration
Set up an appointment by clicking here and selecting Rick Boger-Hawkins.
Meet the Team
To find your Guided Pathways (GP) advisor, you may see the list below or visit DegreeWorks by logging in to myCTState and select “Access Degree Works.” Your GP advisor will be listed at the top of the page. If you cannot locate your advisor, contact the Guided Pathways Advising Office.