CompTIA Security+ Certification Preparation
A non-credit program that prepares you for a career as a cybersecurity professional
Prices may vary and are subject to change at any time. Textbooks and exams are included in the price.
Funding WIOA, SNAP
Commitment 42 hours
Terms Offered Fall, Spring, Summer
Use myCTState to find out when and where your course will be held.
As cybersecurity data threats loom larger every day, the demand for qualified security professionals continues to grow. Be ready to join the exciting and fast-paced world of cybersecurity with the CompTIA Security+ Certification Preparation course.
You’ll get the technical knowledge needed to become CompTIA Security+ certified, showing potential employers that you have the knowledge base and skill set to secure applications, devices, and networks, analyze and respond to threats, participate in risk mitigation and more. Learn to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks and devices, perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques, participate in risk mitigation activities, operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations and to be able to perform these tasks to support the principles of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
The Security+ Certification is an internationally recognized validation of the technical knowledge required of foundation-level security practitioners. A Security+ certified individual has successfully demonstrated a foundation level of skill and knowledge in general security concepts, communication security, infrastructure security, basics of cryptography and operational and organizational security.
In This Course You'll Learn To:
- master essential security technologies, tools, and tasks
- understand the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices.
- perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques
- participate in risk mitigation activities and practices
- operate with awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- GED or high school diploma
- Must have successfully completed COMPTIA Network + and COMPTIA A+
Find Your Course
Use our course finder to get info about upcoming classes including dates, times, locations, and more. (Select WFD/CE 2023-2024)
Registering for a course is easy and can be done in-person, online, or by mail.
Learn About Funding Options
Many of our courses have funding options available for qualifying students.