Hospitality and Tourism
A non-credit program that teaches you the basics of foodservice and hospitality
Prices may vary and are subject to change at any time. Textbooks and exams included in price.
Fall, Spring, Summer
Use myCTState to find out when and where your course will be held.
Are you passionate about the culinary arts and eager to embark on a journey into the dynamic world of food service and hospitality?
Our "Introduction to the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry" course is your gateway to a thrilling career in this thriving field. This comprehensive program is meticulously designed to provide you with a strong foundation in fundamental culinary concepts and methods while immersing you in the multifaceted realm of food service operations.
In This Course You'll Learn To:
- maintain a safe and sanitary workplace environment
- obtain a ServSafe® Food Handler Certificate
- explore food preparation and presentation techniques, refine flavors and demonstrate knife skills
- create a professional resume for future employment ventures
- obtain a Connecticut Tourism Coalition CHAT certificate
- obtain TIPs certification for safe alcohol service and intervention strategies
- have knowledge of the basics of restaurant and lodging operations
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- GED or high school diploma
Find Your Course
Use our course finder to get info about upcoming classes including dates, times, locations, and more. (Select WFD/CE 2023-2024)
Registering for a course is easy and can be done in-person, online, or by mail.
Learn About Funding Options
Many of our courses have funding options available for qualifying students.