Introduction to Medical Cannabis
A non-credit program that prepares you for a career working with medical cannabis
Prices may vary and are subject to change at any time. Textbooks and exams included in price.
Fall, Spring, Summer
Use myCTState to find out when and where your course will be held.
The cannabis industry is booming in Connecticut right now and it’s the perfect time to get started!
This 4-hour course will provide you with introductory knowledge about cannabis as well as detailed information about how medical cannabis is practiced in Connecticut. You’ll learn about approved medical conditions and how cannabis can be used to treat them along with a variety of topics including state laws on medical marijuana, the chemical composition of cannabis, and how it plays a role in human physiology and pharmacology. At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion that will demonstrate your knowledge to potential employers.
In This Course You'll Learn To:
- recall the basics of medical cannabis, including its chemical makeup, different strains, and methods of consumption
- explain the various medical benefits and potential side effects of medical cannabis, as well as the legal and regulatory landscape surrounding its use
- apply knowledge of medical cannabis to different medical conditions and situations and develop treatment plans that incorporate its use
- analyze scientific research on medical cannabis, including studies on its efficacy and safety, and critically evaluate the evidence for its use in different medical contexts
- evaluate the ethical considerations surrounding medical cannabis use, including issues related to patient autonomy, medical professionalism, and social justice
- develop new treatment protocols for medical conditions using medical cannabis, based on their understanding of its potential benefits and limitations, and take into account patient needs, preferences, and concerns
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Find Your Course
Use our course finder to get info about upcoming classes including dates, times, locations, and more. (Select WFD/CE 2023-2024)
Registering for a course is easy and can be done in-person, online, or by mail.
Learn About Funding Options
Many of our courses have funding options available for qualifying students.