Your Virtual Health and Well-Being Resources
Available on the TimelyCare app or timelycare.com/ctstate
Basic Needs Support
Whether you’re under the weather, anxious or overwhelmed, you will be able to talk to a licensed provider from your smartphone or any web-enabled device. Providers are available to offer medical and mental health support via phone or secure video visits. Check out the FAQs below to learn more:
TimelyCare is a virtual health and well-being platform available 24/7 for CT State Community College students.
All CT State Community College students may access and use TimelyCare.
There is no cost for enrolled Connecticut State Community Colleges students.
With TimelyCare, you will have free, 24/7 access to providers from anywhere in the United States, regardless of your insurance status. So, you’ll never have to spend time or money looking for care, whether you’re on or off campus.
Yes, if the provider deems it clinically appropriate.
TimelyCare’s providers can offer support for a wide range of common concerns, and after talking to you, will decide on the best course of treatment.
- MedicalNow: On-demand support for common health issues, including cold, flu, and allergies.
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors.
- Scheduled Medical: Choose the day, time, and medical provider that best works for you.
- Scheduled Counseling: Choose the day, time, and mental health provider that works best for you. (12 visits per year)
- Health Coaching: Develop healthy lifestyle behaviors for nutrition, sleep habits, time management, and mindfulness.
- Self-Care Content: Visit the Explore page within TimelyCare for guided self-care content.
- Basic Needs Support: Access to free or reduced-cost community resources, including food and housing assistance, transit support, childcare, and finances.