CT State Community College welcomes any student wishing to transfer college credits from another institution that they've attended in the past. There are just a few things to know:

  • If you are a student of one of the 12 former community colleges in CT which have merged into CT State, you are not considered a transfer student
  • Transfer students must comply with the application requirements for admission into a degree program. 
  • Students wishing to transfer coursework completed at another accredited college or university or by CLEP must submit an official transcript from that institution to the Office of Admissions. 
  • For transfer credit, a course must either correspond to one offered at the college or be pertinent to a specific program.

Next Steps

You'd like to earn an associate degree or certificate and may want to transfer to a four-year college or university to continue your education. That's fantastic! This is how you start to meet your goals:

  1. Create your unique application account
    Note: You will continue to use this account for any future admission applications.
  2. Complete and submit the application. Note: Unless you are applying to multiple selective admission nursing and health career programs, only submit one application for the term that you wish to start your academic career with us, if you wish to change the program after application submission, contact us at CTState-Admissions@ct.edu.
  3. Upload your proof of high school completion (this can be a final high school transcript, high school diploma, or high school equivalency).
  4. Upload your immunizations – print the form from your account page (accessible after you have submitted the application), have your physician complete it with a signature, and upload to your account.
  5. Request an official copy of your final college transcript, from each college attended, to be sent to CT State Community College through a verified electronic service such as Parchment, College Board, National Student Clearinghouse, etc. OR have an official copy emailed to CTState-TranscriptEval@ct.edu OR by postal mail by the college or institution you previously attended for an official transfer credit evaluation.

    Mailing Address:

    CT State Community College
    Attn: Admissions, Transcript Evaluation
    185 Main Street
    New Britain, CT. 06051
  6. Other supplemental items may be required for admission if you are an international student, seeking admission to a selective nursing and health career program or a veteran

Don’t worry, if you get stuck on a step, we will be in constant contact with you during your admission process!

After all of your items are received, we will do our part, admit you, and then communicate the next steps to enrollment.

If you only want to take a few courses and decide on your degree later, this option is for you. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid or for the PACT program. If you know you want to pursue a degree or certificate but need help figuring out a good program fit, make an appointment to speak with an admission recruiter at CTState-AdmissionsRecruitment@ct.edu.

Take these first steps:

  1. Create your unique application account.
    Note: You will continue to use this account for any future admission applications.
  2. After choosing an area of study, select “non-degree” as your academic program
  3. Complete and submit the application.
  4. After you submit your application for admission, check your admission account to complete the required supplemental form(s) to be admitted.
  5. Email communication will follow shortly after admission. This communication will include your next steps to register for courses.

Begin here if one of the following applies to you:

  • You are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and will require an F-1 student visa to reside and study in the US
  • You are applying as an F-1 transfer student from another US college or university
  • You are already in the US on a valid nonimmigrant visa and want to change to F-1 student status

Learn More About How to Attend CT State as an International Student >

Board of Regents Policy on Transfer

At CT State Community College, degree and certificate credit shall be granted only for credit courses completed at all institutions within the Connecticut State System of Higher Education and at all other collegiate institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as either a Regional Accrediting Organization or a Specialized and Professional Accrediting Organizations in accordance with the following:

  1. Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for all credit courses that are applicable to the objectives of, or equivalent to the course requirements of, the curriculum in which the transferring student enrolls. Credit work that is not applicable or equivalent to curriculum requirements shall be accepted for credit at the discretion of the college. Degree and certificate credit shall also be granted on the basis of performance on examinations in accordance with standards and limits approved by the Board of Regents.
  2. Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for credit courses completed with a letter grade of “C-minus” or better, or with a grade of “P” (Pass). Such credit courses shall be accepted only for credit, and letter grades assigned by other institutions shall not be recorded or included in computations of student grade point averages.
  3. Notwithstanding the number of degree or certificate credits that shall be granted in accordance with the foregoing, the student must complete at least twenty-five percent of the minimum credit requirements for the degree or certificate through coursework at the college awarding the degree or certificate.
  4. When a student seeks transfer credit for technical or specialty courses into a program that is also accredited by a national or regional specialized accrediting agency, such credits must be from a comparably accredited program. In the case of a request for transfer credit for technical or specialty courses from a non-specially accredited program, the college shall provide appropriate means for the validation of the student’s competency in the technical specialty course areas.
  5. This policy shall appear in all college catalogs.