Skip to main content

For mental health crises call 988 • For life-threatening emergencies call 911

Student Services Quick Links

Academic Advising

As a student at CT State Community College, you're supported by two advisors. Your Guided Pathways (GP) Advisorwill help you to develop and achieve your academic and career goals while your Faculty Advisor will work with you based on your program of study. Together they offer the support you need to succeed as a CT State student.

To find your faculty advisor, log into myCTState and navigate to the Degree Works section where you'll see advisors listed.

Campus Resources

CT State offers many resources that are available to all students however resources may be available only on certain campuses.

CARE Referrals

A CARE referral can be completed if you need support or are concerned about another community member and would benefit from being connected to support services.

Also, if you are concerned about a member of the college community or observe any behavior that may involve risks to the safety and security of the college community, complete a CARE Referral online.

Submitting this CARE Referral does not result in an immediate response. Once a form is submitted it will be reviewed by the Campus CARE Team for appropriate action.

Conduct Reports

Please submit a Conduct report if you suspect a BOR/CSCU Student Code of Conduct violation has occurred. The Student Code of Conduct is also located in the CT State Student Handbook.

For more information visit the Conduct Webpage.

Disability Services

CT State is accessible to students with disabilities in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended. Students with disabilities who have been diagnosed and documented by a licensed professional qualified to make a diagnosis of the condition may be eligible for services. Follow the link below to register and schedule an intake appointment with your home campus Disability Coordinator

Equity and Civil Rights (including Title IX) Report Form

Please submit a complaint if you believe that you have been treated differently or harassed based on one of the following identities: race, color, religious creed, age, sex, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, criminal record, genetic information, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), victim of domestic violence, member of the civil air patrol, retaliation or any other state or federal protected class.

This link may also be used to submit complaints related to Title IX i.e., sexual harassment, harassment based on sexual or gender.

Learn more about the Office of Equity and Civil Rights at CT State

Faculty Academic Alerts

To make a faculty academic alert, go to MyCTState and sign in.

Go to the “Alert Submission” card, select the class/section, select the student (by checking the box before their name) and submit by clicking “Create Alert.

Select "Alert" (for one or multiple for several concerns), select alert type, add notes (3-5 sentences about the situation), select “Review”, then select “Submit.” 

All alerts go to the student’s Guided Pathways advisor.

Gender-Neutral Restrooms

Gender-neutral bathrooms are available on each campus.

Mental Health and Wellness Services

Navigating college responsibilities while balancing the demands of life can be a challenge. These stressors can interfere with your ability to be academically successful. Mental health and wellness services are available to CT State students. A licensed Wellness Counselor can help you identify your current stressors, assist you in developing healthy coping skills and connect you to additional resources.