To apply as a new student, find the category below that best pertains to your situation and follow the directions beneath.

You'd like to earn an associate degree or certificate and may want to transfer to a four-year college or university to continue your education. That's fantastic! This is how you start to meet your goals:

  1. Create your unique application account. 
    Note: You will continue to use this account for any future admission applications.
  2. Complete and submit the application.
    Submit one application for the term that you wish to start your academic career with us, if you wish to change the program after application submission, contact us at
  3. Upload proof of high school completion (this can be a final high school transcript, high school diploma, or high school equivalency).
  4. Upload your immunizations – print the form from your account page (accessible after you have submitted the application), have your physician complete it with a signature, and upload it to your account.
  5. Other supplemental items may be required for admission if you are an international student, seeking admission to a selective nursing and health career program, or a veteran

Don’t worry, if you get stuck on a step, we will be in constant contact with you during your admission process!

After all your items are received, we will do our part, admit you and then communicate the next steps to enrollment.

If you only want to take a few courses and decide on your degree later, this option is for you. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid or for the PACT program. If you know you want to pursue a degree or certificate but need help figuring out a good program fit, make an appointment to speak with an admission recruiter at 

Take these first steps:

  1. Create your unique application account
    Note: You will continue to use this account for any future admission applications.
  2. After choosing an area of study, select “non-degree” as your academic program
  3. Complete and submit the application.
  4. After you submit your application for admission, check your admission account to complete the required supplemental form(s) to be admitted.
  5. Email communication will follow shortly after admission. This communication will include your next steps to register for courses.

Begin here if one of the following applies to you:

  • You are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and will require an F-1 student visa to reside and study in the US
  • You are applying as an F-1 transfer student from another US college or university
  • You are already in the US on a valid nonimmigrant visa and want to change to F-1 student status

Learn More About How to Attend CT State as an International Student >