Register for Classes
Registering for classes at CT State is easy!
Just follow the steps below.
Fall Registration Update
If you have a balance over $500 at any of the Connecticut community colleges, you will not be able to register for Fall 2023 at your home campus or any other CT State campus. Please contact your local Bursar's/Cashier's office or the Financial Aid office for assistance as soon as possible.
To register for Summer 2023 courses, see our Summer page for instructions.
All new, transfer and readmit students are encouraged to meet with a Guided Pathways Advisor prior to registering for classes.
To register for classes as a new, transfer or re-admit student at CT State, please follow these easy steps for successful enrollment.
- Complete the Admissions Application
- Upload your documents to admissions to your Application Account
- Receive an email of acceptance along with your student banner ID number
- Submit official college transcripts if attended another college/university (if applicable)
- Apply for Financial Aid (optional)
School Code for CT State is: 007635
- Log-in and complete your myCTState Online Orientation
- Meet with your Guided Pathways (GP) Advisor
- Register for classes through myCTState (follow the instructions listed below for Continuing Students)
- Get your textbooks
- Get your college photo ID card
- Sign up and attend In-Person New Student Orientation at your home campus
To register online for classes at CT State, please follow these easy steps:
1. Log into myCTState
2. Access Student Self Service” by going to the Student Self-Service card
Note: If this is the first time you are accessing registration through myCTState, you may be asked to address an action item. Please click on the link that says “Review Required Action Items”. An example of an action item is to review and acknowledge the Student Enrollment Agreement. Once the action items are completed, you can continue to follow the steps to register. Use the “Continue” button to return to the registration process.
3. Select “Register for Classes”
4. Select the term (e.g., “Fall 2023”)
5. Use the “Find Classes” tab to search for a course. You can search by subject, campus, course number, keyword, instructional method, etc. Click “Search” when ready.
6. If you know the specific Course Registration Numbers (CRNs), you may enter that instead.
7. Click “Add” to select the course you are interested in.
8. Click “submit” to confirm your course registration.
9. Your registration is confirmed once you see the course status as “Registered”.
10. Make payments arrangements. Follow the instructions on the “Student Accounts and Billing” card.
CT State Student Account balances will be available after July 5, 2023.
- Audit Form
- Change of Address or Phone Number
- Change of Legal Name
- Change of Residency Request Form
- Change or Declaration of Program
- Continuing Student Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form
- Preferred First Name Request
- Registration and Add Drop Form
- Request for Revocation of Non Disclosure of Directory Information
- Request to Amend or Remove Education Records
- Request to Opt Out of Directory Information
- Request to Review Education Records
- Revocation of Student Information Release Authorization
- Student Information Release Authorization
Helpful Links and Additional Resources:
Current Contact Information:
One Stop Enrollment Services Centers (Registrar’s Offices)
- Asnuntuck: AS-Registrar@asnuntuck.edu | 860-203-3015
- Capital: CA-Registrar@capitalcc.edu | 860-906-5311
- Gateway: GW-Records@gatewayct.edu | 203-285-2020
- Housatonic: HC-Registrar@housatonic.edu | 203-332-5088
- Manchester: email@example.com | 860-512-3220
- Middlesex: Mx-EnrollmentServices@mxcc.edu | 860-343-5751
- Naugatuck Valley: firstname.lastname@example.org | 203-596-2177
- Northwestern CT: email@example.com | 860-738-6417
- Norwalk: firstname.lastname@example.org | 203-857-7035
- Quinebaug Valley: email@example.com | 860-932-4010
- Three Rivers: Registrar@threerivers.edu | 860-215-9064
- Tunxis: Tx-Records@tunxis.edu | 860-773-1441