This page is a great resource to help you find and navigate to the things you need to make the most of your time as a student at CT State. We suggest that you bookmark it so you can return easily!
Find Your Next Class
- Find a Class Search myCTState for upcoming course offerings across all campuses.
- College Catalog
- Course Descriptions Learn about each course and any prerequisites they may carry.
- Register for Classes If you're ready to register for classes, follow these steps.
- Buy Books and Supplies Learn more about our campus bookstores and how to buy or rent textbooks in-person or online.
Fund Your Next Class
Whether you're "acing" life and your classes or riding the struggle bus, CT State has resources to support you academically and personally.
- Disability and Accessibility Support If you have an eligible disability, you may be provided reasonable and appropriate accommodations.
- Find a Form Find many common forms that you may need as a student at CT State.
- Library Utilize online databases and research guides, borrow equipment, get help from librarians and book study rooms on your home campus.*
- Mental Health and Wellness Counseling services, mental health and wellness training, mental health screenings and more, are available, for free, to all CT State students.
- Tutoring and Academic Support Struggling with your class? Get tutoring and other academic support services* at your home campus or virtually.
Life at CT State
- Care Referral If you are concerned about a member of the college community or observe any behavior that may involve risks to the safety and security of the college community, complete a CARE Referral online.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Learn about how CT State is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable community.
- Equity and Civil Rights The Office of Equity and Civil Rights (ECR) works to promote a respectful, accessible and inclusive environment to all students, staff, and community within the CT State Community College, Charter Oak State College and CSCU System.
- Office of the President Keep up-to-date with communications from CT State President, Dr. John Maduko and learn more about CT State leadership.
- Student Activities and Clubs Get involved on campus by joining a club or trying out a new activity.
- Student Handbook Review the official guide to student life at CT State.
*services may vary by campus
Plan for the Semester
Plan for Your Future
- Academic Advising As a student at CT State Community College, you're supported by two advisors. Your Guided Pathways (GP) Advisor will help you to develop and achieve your academic and career goals while your Faculty Advisor will work with you based on your program of study.
- Career Services Explore career options and prepare to achieve your career aspirations with support from our Career Services department.
- Graduation (Commencement)
Policies and Procedures
- Academic Integrity What constitutes cheating and plagiarism at CT State?
- Academic Recognition Dean's List requirements and information about graduation honors that may be achieved.
- Academic Standing Information about maintaining good academic standing and what an academic warning means.
- Changing Your Major Learn how to switch majors.
- Grades and Grade Points Letter and corresponding number grades and how they're used to calculate your GPA.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Title IX Learn about this law that allows all students to attend school in an environment free of harassment, sexual misconduct, and discrimination and how CT State supports this.